How do you send large videos from your iPhone? It may not seem like a big deal, but it can be a real pain if you’re trying to send a video over email, iMessage, or WhatsApp and your phone tells you the file is too large. Luckily, there are a couple of tricks that will make it easy to share large videos.
There are several reasons why you might want to know how to send large videos on an iPhone. Whether you’re emailing someone a video you took or sending it via text message, if the clip is too long or too big, it won’t work.
There’s a good chance that you’ll eventually want to send a large video file from your iPhone or iPad. If you’re trying to share an HD video, it might be too large of a file to send directly through the Messages app or even through email. And if you’re sending a video with Audio Messages, it will also count against your iCloud storage.
Thankfully, there are several easy ways to send large videos from your iOS device without having to lower their file size or quality. In this article, I’ll show you how!
How To Send Large Videos On iPhone
Your iPhone has two ways to send large videos via email or MMS: Mail Drop and iCloud link.
Mail Drop lets you email large video files up to 5GB through your Mail app. The video files are stored in iCloud and delivered as links in the email message. This method only works with iOS 9 or later and OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 or later (on Mac).
1. To use Mail Drop, start by creating a new message as you normally would in the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap the body of the message to bring up an editor menu along the top. Tap and hold the camera button until it pops up with options for taking photos or videos, or Choose Existing.
3. Select Choose Existing and you’ll be able to select one or more videos from your Photos app. (Note that if you don’t have at least 1GB of iCloud storage available, you’ll get an error.) Once you’ve selected them, tap Choose in the upper right corner of your screen.
4. You’ll be returned to the Mail window where a thumbnail will appear under your message text. You can send this message normally now, but if you want to send it using Mail Drop, tap and hold on the thumbnail to bring up a menu bar at the bottom of your screen with options for Cancel, Send with Transfer, and Mail Drop.
5. Tap Send with Transfer and your video(s) will begin uploading to iCloud. You’ll see a progress bar at the bottom of your screen. Once it’s finished uploading, tap Done in the upper right corner.
Note: The mail Drop method works by uploading your files to iCloud, which sends a link to the recipient. They then click on the link to download the file. Your videos will appear in the body of your email as a thumbnail, too.
Also read: How To Change Apple ID On iPhone
How To Send Video From iPhone To Computer
Here’s how to send video from an iPhone to a computer.
1. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer, and then open it. Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable. The iPhone should appear on iTunes.
2. Select the device icon in the upper-left corner of iTunes, and then select File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from [your device name]. Your content will transfer to your computer.
3. If you want to transfer other content from your devices, such as videos or photos, you can use iPhone Transfer software to get these things transferred from iPhone to the computer.
How To Send Videos From iPhone To Email
Want to share a cool video from your iPhone? The best way to do that is by sending it as an email.
Sending videos from your iPhone via email is easy to do, but you’ll want to make sure you pick the right quality setting for your intended recipient, or the recipient’s mail server may not accept it.
Here’s how to send videos from an iPhone via email:
1. Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad and tap the video that you want to share.
2. Tap the Share icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
3. Choose Mail from the list of sharing options. This will create a new outgoing message with your video already attached.
4. Type in an address and subject line, then tap Send.
Also read: How To Use Family Sharing on iPhone
How To Send a 20 Minute Video From iPhone
Sending videos from iPhones has always been a pain. Ok, maybe not that bad, but it definitely can be annoying, to say the least. You get your email all set up, then you realize that the video is too big to send. You try and trim it down, but the music is wrong now and the whole thing is out of whack.
So you go back to editing to fix it and realize that you’ve spent more time editing than it took to shoot in the first place.
We’ve all been there! Fortunately, there are two easy ways to send videos from the iPhone without having to edit them first. One is using a cloud service and the other is using a third-party app designed specifically for sending videos quickly.
If you’re in a hurry, here they are:
Steps to send a 20-minute video from iPhone using Dropbox:
1. Download Dropbox (Free).
2. Create an account or sign in with an existing account.
3. Click on the Upload button at the top right.
4. Click on Upload Photos and Videos.
5. Select your video.
6. Link will appear at the bottom of the screen when the upload completes.
7. Send a link by text or email.
How To Send Videos From iPhone To iPhone
As an iPhone user, you may want to send videos from your iPhone to another iPhone. But how? Here’s the answer:
Send videos from one iPhone to another iPhone via AirDrop
Among all the methods, AirDrop is probably the most convenient way to quickly transfer videos from one iPhone to another. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection and Bluetooth enabled on your devices. However, if your device is running an old system like iOS 10 or earlier, AirDrop may not be supported. Besides, you can only transfer videos from an iPhone to another iOS device with AirDrop.
You can send videos from your iPhone to someone else’s via AirDrop through a single app—Photos. And you can send multiple photos or videos at once, but only if they’re in the same album.
1. Open the Photos app and tap “Select” in the upper-right corner.
2. Tap each photo or video you want to share (you can also swipe right over each item to select it). If your items aren’t already in an album, tap “Add To” and then tap “New Album.” Give the new album a name, like “For AirDrop.”
3. To deselect an item, tap it again. When you’ve selected all the items you want to share, tap the Share icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
4. Tap AirDrop and then choose who you want to share with. You can send items such as videos to another iPhone or anyone nearby with AirDrop turned on.
Also read: How to Read Messenger Messages Without Seen (Android/iPhone)
How To Send Long Videos On iPhone iMessage
Steps to send long or large videos on iPhone iMessage.
1. Open Photos on your iPhone or iPad and tap Albums in the bottom navigation.
2. Scroll down until you find a folder called Videos, then tap it to open. You’ll see all of your videos here, including ones you recorded on your iPhone and any that you synced over from iTunes.
3. Tap Select in the upper right corner and choose which videos to send.
4. Tap the Share button in the lower-left corner and select Messages as your sharing method. This will bring up a new iMessage with your video already attached.
5. Enter the name or number of the person you want to share the video with and hit Send.
How To Send Large Video Files From iPhone To Android
If you want to know how to send large video files from iPhone to Android, then you’ll need the help of iMyFone TunesMate. With this application, you can easily transfer any file between your iOS and Android device without the risk of loss or damage to quality.
TunesMate is a 3rd party tool that was developed by iMyFone. The program is designed to help users manage their media files on their computer, iPhone, or iPad. You can easily transfer videos from one device to another and save them on your computer as well. The process is extremely simple and it only takes a few minutes of your time.
Here are some of the main functions of TunesMate:
- Transfer any type of media file between two devices.
- Transferring entire playlists at once is possible with TunesMate.
- You can preview the contents of your iTunes library before transferring them.
- The program is completely safe to use and it will not cause any damage to your files or device.
Conclusion: So, these are some of the known methods to send large videos on iPhone. I have discussed other related queries as well. If you need any help regarding the topic discussed, comment below.