We know that everyone has their own method of payment and Apple Pay is no exception.
That’s why we’ve put together this helpful guide that will teach you how to use Apple Pay at the gas station. Whether you’re new to the app or just need a refresher, read on for all the details!
What is Apple Pay?
If you’re in the market for a new payment system, you should definitely check out Apple Pay. It’s a mobile payment system that lets you pay for items at the gas station using your iPhone or iPad.
- To use it, just open the App Store on your device and search for “Apple Pay”.
- Once installed, sign into your account and create a new card in Apple Pay.
- Next, find the store you want to pay at and select “Pay with Touch ID/Face ID” from the menu options (if applicable).
- Once you’ve selected the store and card, simply scan your finger or face onto the sensor on the phone screen to complete the payment!
Apple Pay is a great option if you want to pay with ease and convenience, and it’s secure and convenient – so you can worry about other things while you’re on your way to the gas station. It reduces the time you spend at a gas station by eliminating the need to manually input your credit card number.
List of Gas Stations That Take Apple Pay
Here is a complete list of 32 gas stations that take Apple Pay.
- Casey’s General Stores
- Circle K
- Cumberland Farms
- Delta Sonic
- Family Express
- Kum & Go
- Kwik Fill/Red Apple
- Kwik Trip/Kwik Station
- Phillips 66
- TravelCenters Of America (TA)
How To Pay For Gas with Apple Pay at Gas Station?
Gas is expensive, and it’s no fun paying with cash or a debit card. That’s why it’s so great that Apple Pay is now available at gas stations all over the US. If you’re an iPhone owner and have an Apple Watch Series 3 or newer, you’re good to go!
At all major gas stations (that include Shell, 7-Eleven, Costco, Chevron, and Exxon) Apple Pay can be used to make payments.
Apple Pay works with an NFC chip that allows users to tap their iPhone or Apple Watch at the gas pumps in order to pay for their gas. To pay with Apple Pay at a gas station, hold your iPhone near the NFC reader at the pump (Wi-Fi/NFC symbol) and follow the on-screen instructions to complete payment.
Simply follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account and payment options, and you’re good to go.
- To pay with Apple Pay at the gas station, simply follow these simple steps:
- Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select “Payment Options” from the main menu and choose “Apple Pay.”
- In order to use Apple Pay at the gas station, you’ll need to have an iPhone 6 or newer, an Apple Watch Series 3, and a compatible bank card.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete payment by Touch ID or Face ID authentication.
- Enter your bank card number into the appropriate field and press continue.
Pay for Gas at Exxon Gas Station Using Apple Pay
Download the Exon mobile app & Link your Apple Pay as the payment method in it.
- Tap on “Account,”. Scroll to the “Payment Method” option.
- Select “Add a new payment method” and choose “Apple Pay.”
- Be sure your Apple Card is set as your default card with Apple Pay in the Wallet app.
- When you’re near a gas station, select “Pay Now” in the drop-down menu on the app.
- Select the pump number you’re at and complete your payment.
Pay for Gas at Shell Gas Station Using Apple Pay
Download Shell App and add “Apple Pay” as the payment method in it
- Enter the pump and line your car against the gas pump, open Shell App, and confirm the pump number.
- Select your payment mode as “Apple Pay” for your fuel quickly without queuing up in the store.
- Wait for the ‘Start Fuelling‘ message to appear.
- Once you have filled up your vehicle, the charge will be debited automatically from your selected payment method.
Pay for Gas at BP Gas Station Using Apple Pay
Download the BPme Rewards gas app, the official home of the bp gas rewards and mobile payment.
Just open the gas app, check in at participating bp or Amoco gas stations, and select your fuel pump & you can save instantly on every gallon.
All with contactless payment (including Apple Pay) from the comfort of your car.
Pay for Gas at Chevron Gas Station Using Apple Pay
Use your smartphone and the Chevron app to pay for fuel from the comfort of your driver’s seat for a fast and simple experience at the pump!
It’s simple to do:
- Before heading to the station, sign up and create a user account for mobile payments and link your PayPal account, Venmo account, Chevron and Texaco Techron Advantage® Card, or credit card to your user account Then, find a station that is processing mobile payments through the station locator feature.
- At the station, use the app on your phone to reserve the pump and select your payment method from your driver’s seat.
- When prompted, fill up at the pump and go. Your receipt will be waiting for you on your phone!
Why isn’t Apple Pay Working At The Gas Station?
Apple Pay is a great way to pay for your gas station purchases, but sometimes it doesn’t work.
Before you go crazy, make sure that your wallet and card are compatible with the app, that your phone is updated to the latest software, and that you’re doing everything you can to try and get it to work.
If all of that fails, there are a few things you can try. First, double-check that your wallet and card are compatible with Apple Pay.
If that still doesn’t work, try using a different card or using cash instead of using Apple Pay. If all else fails, contact the gas station directly and ask them how to pay with Apple Pay. It’s worth a shot!
Frequently Asked Questions
Ok, how do you use Apple Pay at gas pumps that support it?
To use Apple Pay at the pump, first, hold your iPhone up to the reader. Next, select the store you want to use Apple Pay at and enter your card number, expiry date, security code, and PIN. Tap on it and sign in with your Apple ID. Open the App Store on your phone and search for “Apple Pay.”
Do any gas stations take Apple Pay at the pump?
Yes, most gas stations in the United States now accept Apple Pay. To pay with Apple Pay on your iPhone 6 or later, open the Wallet app and select the card you want to use. Once inputting your details, just hold down on the home button of your iPhone 6/6S/7 and look for Touch ID (if enabled) – this will open up a camera preview of your fingerprint scan. After tapping Add Card, enter your password if prompted.
Is there anything else that I need to know in order for me to fully utilize Apple Pay at the gas station?
Here are a few more things to know in order for you to make the most of Apple Pay: – You need to have an iPhone 7 or later model in order to use Apple Pay. – You can find out if a store is compatible with Apple Pay by checking their website or contacting them directly. – Once you have verified your phone and store compatibility, all that’s left for you to do is place your order!
Apple Pay is a new payment method that allows you to pay for your gas with your iPhone or Apple Watch. To use Apple Pay at the gas station, you’ll first need to have the app installed on your smartphone and linked to your bank account.
Once you have the app and your bank information handy, follow these simple steps to pay for your gas: – Scan your payment card at the pump – Hold your phone up to the scanner – Enter your PIN number – Done!