Facebook Messenger is an instant messaging service and software application that provides text and voice communication.
Integrated with Facebook’s web-based Chat feature and built on the open MQTT protocol, Messenger lets Facebook users chat with friends both on mobile and on the main website.
Let’s talk about the concerned topic below.
How to Read a Message Without Opening it on Messenger
There are two different ways to read a message without opening Messenger and both of them essentially involves turning off pop-up notifications, so the messages don’t display in your feed.
The first way is to turn off the feature altogether by following the steps below:
1. Tap on your “profile picture” in the top left corner of your screen and tap “Notifications & Sounds.”
2. Turn off “Popup Notification” by unchecking the box.
The second option allows you to turn off pop-up notifications for certain contacts. To do this, select a conversation with that contact, then tap on their name at the top of your screen. Tap “Notifications” and then tap “Popup Notification.” This will allow you to select if you want pop-ups for just that contact or none at all.
How to Read Messenger Messages Without Seen (Android/iPhone)
Let’s say you’re a busy bee. You have little time to check your phone and you don’t want to take on the burden of having to reply to every message that comes your way.
A solution would be to read messages without having to actually reply; however, the messenger app on Android phones will notify those who are sending you messages that you’ve seen their text.
Here is how you can read messages without “seen” notification.
After you message someone on Facebook, the message will be seen in the Messenger section. The sender can see if you have read their messages or not.
If you want to read their messages without letting them know that you have read them, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Facebook messenger app and wait until all of your messages have been loaded completely.
2. Press and hold on to your home button. This will minimize your messenger app and take you back to your home screen.
3. Then open any other application like Google Chrome or Safari, etc.
4. Swipe down at the top of your screen and click on the notification center.
5. Then go to the “Today” tab and find “Messenger”. In this tab, you will find all of your recent notifications from your messenger app.
6. Clicking on any notification from here will open up a small bubble within your current app which will let you read the message without letting others know that you have seen it.
How to Read Messenger Messages Without Seen on PC
It’s easy to accidentally tap the “seen” button on Facebook Messenger, which shows the person who sent you a message that you’ve seen it. If you don’t want to show someone that you’ve read their message, here’s how to do it.
Follow the steps below.
1. Open Facebook Messenger and go to the conversation with the unread message.
2. On your keyboard, press and hold the Windows key (the one between the alt key and ctrl key) and press “i”. This will open Activity Monitor in the background.
3. Quit all apps that are using CPU by clicking them and clicking “Quit Process.”
4. Once all other apps have been closed, open the conversation with unread messages again in Messenger.
5. You will be able to read messages without being seen as “seen” by other people because Facebook Messenger is no longer running in the background.