In this article, I’ll show you how to delete a poll on Facebook Messenger.
When you think of the word “poll,” you might imagine the old school survey your teacher used to give on the first day of class, asking questions like “What’s your favorite subject in school?”
These days, polls are becoming increasingly popular on social media. This is great for businesses as it allows them to gain insight into their audience and find out what they really want.
Facebook Messenger polls make it easy to find out what your audience thinks about different topics, questions, or products. A poll is a tool that enables you to quickly create polls within your Facebook Messenger chatbot. They’re great if you want to learn more about your audience or customers.
In order to understand its capabilities, you need to first understand the difference between polls in Facebook Messenger and those on other platforms.
Unlike with other platforms, you cannot use Facebook Messenger polls to gather opinions from the general public or anyone who is not already a subscriber of your chatbot. The advantage of this limitation is that you can use Facebook Messenger Polls to interact more closely with a smaller group of people — namely your subscribers.
When people respond to your poll, their responses are sent directly to you via Facebook Messenger, which means you can follow up with each individual responder and continue the conversation.
Also see: Fix: Messenger not showing notification
How to create a poll on Facebook Messenger?
Facebook Messenger polls allow you to send a poll to your friends, family, and colleagues through Facebook Messenger. The polls are available for any conversation you have in Messenger, including group chats.
To create a poll on Facebook Messenger, open the chat with your friend or group chat. Then click the Add to Conversation button at the bottom left of the screen (it’s represented by an “Aa” icon).
Tap the Polls option from the list of options. On iOS, tap the voting box option on the right side of your screen. Type in your question into the question field and add at least two answer choices in each of the answer fields below it. You can also add up to four pictures related to your question by tapping one of the image boxes at the bottom of your screen.
When you’re ready, tap “Done” on iOS or “Next” on Android. You can choose who can see your poll by tapping “Edit Visibility” on iOS or choosing between “Friends Only or Public” on Android. When you’re ready to share it, tap “Send” on iOS or “Post” on Android.
How to delete poll on Facebook Messenger
It’s not always possible to delete a poll on Facebook Messenger.
You can’t delete a poll once someone has voted in it, so you should choose your question and category carefully.
Deleting the entire conversation won’t delete the poll either.
If you want to remove a poll from Facebook Messenger, you should do it as soon as possible before anyone votes.
You can delete a poll if no one has voted yet.
If no one has voted in your poll yet, you can easily get rid of it by swiping left on the conversation with the poll in it and selecting “Delete Poll.”
Check out this YouTube video below.
How to delete poll on Facebook Messenger on iOS:
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap your profile picture icon in the top-left corner. You’ll see a list of all your conversations and polls.
3. You might need to tap “See All” for some of them to appear.
4. Swipe left over the conversation with the poll in it until you see a red button that says “Delete Poll.” Tap this button, then tap “Delete” when prompted.
5. The poll is removed from Facebook Messenger and from anyone else’s conversations who participated in it.
How to delete poll on Facebook Messenger on Android:
1. Open the Messenger app on your Android device, and find the conversation you want to delete a poll from.
2. Tap and hold down on the poll message until a checkmark appears next to it, then select any other messages you’d also like to delete.
3. Once you’ve selected all of the messages you’d like to delete, tap on “Delete” in the menu at the top of your screen.
4. Confirm that you’d like to delete the message by tapping “Delete.”
Wrapping it up: Should your Facebook Messenger application contain an unused or forgotten poll, you can delete it with the following steps. If you require further assistance, do not hesitate to comment below.