It is quite common for users to use WhatsApp to send and receive messages from their friends and family. However, it is also common for users to block contacts on this app. You might be wondering if there is a way for you to view someone’s WhatsApp profile picture if they blocked you.
It is important to note that there are a few ways that you can do this without having the risk of being caught by the user who has blocked you.
This means that if you wish to view your friend’s profile pic, then it is possible to do so without having them knowing about it.
Also read: How to Use Whatsapp Web on Mobile Phone
View someone’s profile picture if blocked on WhatsApp
Blocking someone on WhatsApp is a serious measure. It cuts off all communication with that person, blocks their profile picture, and makes it impossible to view their status updates. However, you can still see their profile picture if you use a third-party app and certain web browsers.
If a person has blocked you on WhatsApp, it’s very likely that they have made some other changes to their account. If you’re unable to send them messages or view their status updates, then they have probably blocked you. This is an indication that they no longer wish to communicate with you via WhatsApp.
You can still view their profile picture using a third-party app or various web browsers. There are several ways in which this can be done, but all of them require some technical knowledge, so proceed at your own risk!
If you have been blocked by someone on WhatsApp, you will no longer be able to see their profile picture. The app will instead display the default profile photo in gray.
This is a pretty good way to tell whether someone has blocked you or not. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. Below we’ve listed the steps you can take to confirm whether you have been blocked or not.
1. Open the WhatsApp application on your device and go to the Chats tab.
2. Tap and hold on to the contact’s name whose profile picture you want to view.
3. Tap More followed by View contact.
4. Take a look at the top of their profile page. If it says that they have ‘Added you to their contacts’, it means that they have your number saved in their phone and they probably just removed their picture from their phonebook rather than blocking you completely.
- How to Stop Unknown Numbers from Sending You Messages on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Fix: “Sorry, This Media File Appears To Be Missing”
- How to Use Whatsapp Web on Mobile Phone (updated!)