Have you been looking for a new Venmo card but need to know how to get one? You’re not alone.
Many people are anxious to switch to a new card because they think the old card might not be valid anymore.
This blog will teach you how to order a new card on the Venmo app, replace your card, and find out when your card will arrive.
In addition, this blog will cover topics such as getting a different color card, and how long it takes for your card to arrive.
So start reading now and prepare for the next time you need to replace your Venmo card!
How to order a new Venmo Card
The Venmo card is a Mastercard debit card issued by Bancorp Bank. It works like a prepaid or debit card linked to your Venmo balance.
When you want to order a new Venmo card, or if your existing card is nearing expiration, Venmo allows you to do so in its app.
Follow the steps below to order a new Venmo Card
1. Open the Venmo App.
2. Tap the Cards tab.
3. Tap Venmo debit card.
4. Next follow the screen instructions to enter your details like name, home address, date of birth, etc.
You may need to submit additional documents. Such as:
Documents acceptable for name and date of birth:
- U.S. passport
- Driver license
- U.S. government-issued ID
- ITIN Assignment letter
- DHS card
- Tribal ID card
Documents acceptable for proof of address
- Bank, credit card, or 401K/brokerage statement (from the past 12 months)
- Utility bill (gas, electric, cable, internet, or phone from the past 12 months)
- W2 or paystub (from the past 12 months)
- Lease for residence (dated in the past 12 months)
- Current car registration (dated in the past 12 months)
- IRS letter (dated in the past 12 months). We cannot accept a tax return for this documentation
- You can also submit the following documents if they were issued to you within the last 12 months:
- Unexpired driver license (with current address)
- Unexpired U.S. government issued ID (with current address)
Documents acceptable for Social Security Number
- IRS letter (dated in the past 12 months)
- SSN card
- ITIN Assignment letter
For replacement, go to the “Venmo Debit Card” option and apply for a replacement.
Also, the Venmo Debit Card links to your Venmo account so you can only have 1 active Venmo Debit Card associated with your Venmo account.
Note: You may see a “Get in Line” message when you apply for a Venmo Debit Card. This means that processing may take some time, likely because of a temporary load at Venmo’s end.
How to replace Venmo Card
Venmo does not provide an option for users to order a replacement card in Venmo mobile app.
However, Venmo customers can request a replacement card by calling 855-204-4090 or by filling out the form on https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=624807
Other ways to connect:
- Send them an email by filling out the form above or email at [email protected].
- For the fastest service, chat with them in Venmo mobile app (M–F, 6:00 am–11:59 pm CT; Sat-Sun, 8:00 am–10:00 pm CT).
- Call (855) 812-4430 (8:00 am-8:00 pm CT, seven days a week)
How long does it take to get a new Venmo Card?
When you apply for a new Venmo card, it can take up to 15 business days to arrive at your home address.
Once you have it, make sure you have your login information handy so you can start using it right away.
If there are any issues, don’t hesitate to contact customer service. With all of the new features available on your Venmo card, have fun exploring them all!
Also read: Venmo Won’t Let Me Add My Debit Card (Fixed)
The Venmo card, issued by The Bancorp Bank, works like a prepaid or debit card linked to your Venmo balance. It is on the Mastercard network.
Venmo offers a new card option when you are a first-time user or when your existing Venmo card is nearing expiration.
A new Venmo card can take 15 business days to arrive.
Note that you cannot use a work address or P.O. Box for this process, as per the Venmo terms and conditions.
Also, Venmo does not provide an option to order a replacement card on its app.