In this article, you will learn how to recover your Instagram account without an email or phone number.
If you cannot access the email address or phone number that you used to sign up for Instagram, you can either update your account information or try to regain access to the original email address or phone number. Also, If you register an account on Instagram and do not link it with your Facebook account, it would not be possible to recover your Instagram account, assuming you have no access to your registered email or phone number anymore.
Related: How to See When Someone Started Following Someone on Instagram
Try To Recover Your Email
First, try to recover your associated email address. If you forget your password or other information needed to access your email account, contact your email provider for instructions.
Update New Email or Phone Number in Your Instagram Profile
If you cannot access the email address or phone number used during your initial signup process, a new email address or phone number is required to complete registration. This is to ensure that you can continue to access Instagram and to prevent unauthorized use of an email address or phone number that you no longer use or have access to.
Before you begin, make sure that you can either log in to Instagram using your phone number or access your account using an email address. If not, you cannot update a new email or phone number in your Instagram account.
How to Recover Instagram Account Without Email or Phone Number
If you cannot access your profile, or the email address or phone number associated with your Instagram account, follow the steps below to recover your IG account.
Note: For this method to work, you must have your photos in your Instagram account. Instagram will use video selfie to verify that the account belongs to you.
1. Open the Instagram application (not the web version) and enter your last known email address or phone number.
2. Click on Forgotten password?.
3. Enter your Username (you must know it). It is important to fill in this information before the next step.
4. Click on Need more help?
5. Choose a way to recover your account page will appear with your IG profile picture at the top. Below you’ll see the column with your registered email address or phone number or both partially visible to you. Instagram lets you choose either of these to send a security code.
6. Since you do not have access to both registered email and phone number, tap on Try another way at the bottom.
7. ‘Request Support’ page will appear. Select The Login code was sent to a mobile number or email I don’t have access to and click the ‘Next’ button.
8. Select Yes, I have a photo of myself in my account and click the ‘Next’ button.
9. Lastly, enter the email address that you have access to. Instagram will use this address to send you messages about recovering your account.
Once you receive email messages from Instagram, follow the further steps as directed in the email to complete a video selfie to recover your account.
Related: Fix: We Restrict Certain Activity Instagram
Conclusion: If you can’t access Instagram to change your email address or phone number, you can use the video selfie verification method to recover your Instagram account. For the video selfie method, you must have your pictures in your IG account so that Instagram can verify if the account belongs to you. Furthermore, once you gain access through video selfie verification, you can update your account with a new email, phone number, or both. If you have any queries related to this topic, comment below.