Last Updated on
So you have just scanned the WhatsApp Web QR code through your mobile and just after connecting to WhatsApp on the smartphone you discovered the notification showing “WhatsApp Web is currently active”.
So you’ve tried to remove the notification, but it’s just stuck there and making sound alerts in a minute or two. That’s a bit much and annoying at the same time.
Don’t worry, I have the solution by which you can remove the unwanted notifications. Actually, the answer is in your device itself. Whether you’re using Android or iOS, you can always remove the unwanted notifications from any app.
- WhatsApp: New Video Feature Available For Android and iOS
- How to do Group Calling in WhatsApp (8 Members)
How to Disable WhatsApp Web Notification
To hide WhatsApp Web notification on mobile, follow the steps given below.
Method 1 to Disable WhatsApp Web on Android
My Device is based on Android Version 9. You’ll find similar options in Android 10 and iOS.
- Open your device ‘Settings’.
- Then search ‘App Management‘ or where you can find all installed apps on your device.
- Now, search for ‘WhatsApp‘, click on the icon.
- So, there you’ll find all the options of WhatsApp like WhatsApp Permission, WhatsApp Auto Startup, etc. But just select ‘WhatsApp Notifications‘ or ‘Notifications‘.
- So after entering the notifications section, you’ll find lots of options, search for ‘Other Notifications‘ and click on that.
- So, at last, just disable the ‘Allow Notifications‘ options and you’re all done.
Method 2 to Hide WhatsApp Web on Android
This is really a simple method:-
- Long press ‘WhatsApp app‘.
- Select ‘App info‘.
- Manage Notifications > Other Notifications.
- Now, uncheck ‘Allow Notifications‘.
But you’ll still get notifications for all other important messages such as call alerts, messages, etc.
How to Stop WhatsApp Web Notification via Desktop
To disable notifications such a desktop sound, and alerts, use these settings.
- Open ‘WhatsApp‘ on Desktop.
- At the top right corner, select ‘Three dots‘.
- Choose ‘Settings‘.
- Now, select ‘Notifications‘
- Uncheck your ‘Desired options’.
Finally, these were simple tips to turn off WhatsApp Web notification, if you know any other method, comment below!