So you have just scanned the WhatsApp Web QR code through your mobile and just after connecting to WhatsApp on the smartphone you discovered the notification showing “WhatsApp Web is currently active”.
Hence you’ve tried to remove the notification, but it’s just stuck there and making sound alerts in a minute or two. That’s a bit much and annoying at the same time.
Don’t worry, I have the solution by which you can remove the unwanted notifications. The answer is in your device itself. Whether you’re using Android or iOS, you can always remove unwanted notifications from any app.
How to Disable WhatsApp Web Notification
To hide WhatsApp Web notification on mobile, follow the steps given below.
Method 1 to Disable WhatsApp Web on Android
My Device is based on Android Version 10. You’ll find similar options in Android 9 and below as well.
1. Open your device ‘Settings’.
2. Then, search ‘App Management‘ – where you can see installed apps on your device.
3. Now, search for ‘WhatsApp‘, click on the icon.
4. So, there you’ll find all the options of WhatsApp like WhatsApp Permission, WhatsApp Auto Startup, etc. Just select ‘WhatsApp Notifications‘ or ‘ Manage Notifications‘.
5. So, after entering the notifications section, you’ll see tons of options, search for ‘Other Notifications‘ and click on that.