Whether you’re a public figure or just a regular person, there are moments in life where you want to share something with just one person.
These days, we have our phones everywhere and it’s easy to snap a moment and send it to someone.
However, if you’re looking to share something on Instagram Stories with just one person, you’ll need to create a restricted list of your followers.
This method won’t work for people with private accounts, as these people can only see your story if they follow you. Another thing to note is that this is also different from sharing a disappearing photo and video message directly with someone.
With that feature, the recipient gets an alert in their Direct Messages and the content disappears once they’ve seen it.
How to Hide Instagram Story from Everyone Except One Person
To hide your story from everyone except one or more people, first make sure that your account isn’t set to private by tapping the “person” icon at the bottom right of the app, then going into your profile settings and ensuring that “Private Account” isn’t checked off.
Want to hide your Instagram story from everyone except one person? Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap the camera icon in the upper left corner.
2. Take a photo or record a video that you want to share with only one person.
3. Select the pencil icon in the upper right corner.
4. Tap the “T” icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
5. Tap on the lock icon located next to where you would add text or hashtags.
6. Select “Hide Story From.”
7. Choose which people you want to block from seeing your story. These people will not be able to see your story unless you select “Show Story To.”
8. To show your Instagram story to certain people, select “Show Story To,” then type in their names or usernames, and then tap Done in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Conclusion: Hiding Instagram Stories from everyone except one person is a great way to ensure that you’re only sharing your photos/videos with the people you want. You can hide Instagram Story from everyone except one person by using the Close Friends feature.
- How to See Who Viewed Your Instagram Story (After 24 or 48 Hours)
- How to Search Multiple Hashtags on Instagram (updated!)
- Fix: “Sorry, we couldn’t update your profile picture” on Instagram