Instagram doesn’t make it very obvious, but you can recover direct messages that have been deleted; By downloading Instagram Data, you can recover your photos, videos, and messages.
Let’s see how to recover your deleted Instagram messages.
To begin, you will need to follow these steps through Instagram’s web page, rather than through the app.
Steps to recover deleted messages from Instagram:
1. Go to Instagram.com.
2. Click the Profile icon at the top right corner.
3. Click Edit Profile > Privacy And Security (left-hand side).
4. Under “Data Download,” click Request Download.
5. Enter the email address to get a copy of your Instagram data. Either select HTML (recommended) or JSON file format.
6. Enter your account password.
7. Click Request Download.
8. Now go to your email and click Download Information.