In this post, I’m going to share how to solve “DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error,“ caused by DirectX failure.
So, we are going to update the graphics card driver in Windows 10 which is most likely going to fix DirectX failure. So, without further ado, let’s begin.
Solve DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error
Follow the steps to update the graphics card driver in Windows 10.
1. Open Star Menu.
2. Search for Device Manager.
3. Find and expand Display adapters.
4. Select the adapter you use.
5. Right-click on it and select Update Driver.
6. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
7. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
8. Select the most recent version of the driver or simply select non-generic basic driver as shown in the image.
9. Click Next and then OK.
Download Latest Version of Graphics Card Driver
If you are wondering what driver you should select or don’t have the recent version of the graphics card driver from your manufacturer, follow the steps below.
1. Press Win key + R.
2. Type dxdiag.
3. Here you can see installed version of graphic card driver and manufacturer details under the display tab.
4. Now, head over to your respective manufacturer’s website and download (& install) the latest version of the graphics card driver.
You can also uninstall the graphics card driver or adapter and reinstall it. Simply select the driver and right-click on it. Select uninstall. To reinstall, simply restart your computer. Windows 10 will automatically reinstall it.
So, I hope this fixes DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error.
If you have any queries regarding this topic, head to the comment section below.